For NCV3 and VS30 model Sprinter vans with OEM step AND an aftermarket 2" receiver hitch. These custom designed arms allow for consolidation of OEM step bumper with aftermarket receiver into one compact weldment. Tucks receiver tube up closer (higher) and more under the OEM step than most aftermarket hitches. Increases approach angle and reduces hitch drag. Arms are 3/8" thick mild steel plate. Set of two unpainted arms included. Installation requires cutting and welding heavy steel parts.
We suggest using a Draw-Tite 75601 receiver.
How to steps:
1. Remove plastic rivets attaching step cover to step support frame underneath. Then remove (unbolt) OEM step support frame and after-market receiver from vehicle.
2. Remove arms from formed metal step support piece by grinding the welds underneath. See photo.
3. Attach (bolt) new arms (this item) to INSIDE of frame rails on vehicle with existing OEM or aftermarket hitch bolts.
3. Cut arms off of receiver hitch by cutting cross tube just inside of existing arms making sure length of cross tube is at least 1" longer than distance between new arms (this item) bolted to vehicle. Cross tube must pass through square openings by at least 1/2" on both sides.
4. Slip OEM step support piece onto top of new arms (this item) and install plastic push pins into step cover to locate.
5. Slide aftermarket hitch tube into square openings in both hitch arms. Center receiver tube relative to vehicle.
6. Tack weld step support and receiver cross tube in place while on vehicle.
7. Remove assembly and do full 1/4" fillet welds between arms and receiver tube. Complete welding on step support plate with 1" long staggered fillet welds. Seek out an experienced or certified welder if not confident of DIY welding ability.
7. Clean, blast and paint as desired.
7. Bolt entire assembly onto vehicle. Watch for cracked welds or loose bolts after towing.
Towing capacity is not rated. Do not exceed towing limit of vehicle.
If you have questions about this product you can call Hein at 541-49O-5O98
Van owner and/or installer assumes all risk associated with roof top mounted items and/or components. Van owner and/or installer recognizes and agrees that this product, and each of its component parts, is sold “as is” and that seller makes no representation or warranty of merchantability that the product is fit for any particular purpose.