Formed aluminum towers for directly mounting specifically sized solar panels to front and rear positions on Ford Transit vans. No crossbars or other framing needed.
Use solar panel approximately 58.3 x 26.2 like Rich Solar 200 watt model. Other panels with similar dimensions will also work.
Front position utilizes OEM (factory) roof attachment points 1 and 2 (from front) which are present on all length Transit vans (130,148 and 148 extended). Rear position utilizes OEM roof attachment points 3 and 4 which are only available on 148 regular and extended vans. See diagram (148 regular length shown)
Design is patent pending.
All hardware is included. Towers are designed for solar panels only. Some fading can occur due to sun exposure. Load on each tower not to exceed 20lbs
If you have questions about this product you can call Hein at 541-49O-5O98
Failure to follow warnings below may allow rack to come loose from vehicle and cause injuryor death.
1. Do not exceed 20 lbs load on each tower.
2. Do not extend any component more than 4" beyond forward or rearward most towers.
3. Do not exceed total allowable load by vehicle manufacturer.
4. Use all available attachment points on van roof.
5. Do not install roof top deck or climb on rack.
6. Check and tighten all hardware after 100 miles and every 500 miles there-after.
7. Check overall integrity of rack every 500 miles or monthly whichever is more frequent.
If in doubt, please submit rack plans or photos for evaluation prior to final installation or use.Van owner and/or installer assumes all risk associated with roof top mounted items and/or components. Van owner and/or installer recognizes and agrees that this product, and each of its component parts, is sold “as is” and that seller makes no representation or warranty of merchantability that the product is fit for any particular purpose.