For use with Weathertech mudflaps on Ford Transit van. These 'flaplets' attach to the cab doors and fill the gap left by the Weathertech flaps. They are made of black ABS plastic with haircell texture. They are attached to the door fender trim with 3 small screws. It is necessary to hand form the flaplet to have a slight curvature prior to installation. A heat gun can be used to heat the plastic so it is easier to form into slight curve that matches the door where it will be mounted. Do not over heat.
Kit includes right hand and left hand flaplets and 6 mounting screws.
1. Turn front wheels to provide clearance.
2. Hand form/bend flaplet into slight curve to match door. Using heat can help.
Textured side of flaplet should be toward back; smooth side toward tire.
3. Locate flaplet on door leaving 1/8" gap between it and top edge of mudflap below.
4. Drill 1/16 pilot holes for screws.
5. Install flaplet with screws provided. Do not over tighten or you may strip plastic trim on door.
6. Turn wheels other way and repeat on other side of vehicle.
You can text Hein at 54l-49O-5O98 for assistance.
Van owner and/or installer recognizes and agrees that this product, and each of its component parts, is sold “as is” and that seller makes no representation or warranty of merchantability that the product is fit for any particular purpose