Patent Pending. Sold in pairs. Ford Transit tower brackets. Laser cut, CNC formed tower brackets for use with 15 series 8020 square crossbars to mount solar panels and other accessories to the roof of Ford Transit vans using factory supplied OEM mounting locations. Crossbars are NOT included.
Available with clear or black anodized finish. Towers have EDPM pads to protect paint on roof of van and help seal against moisture. Includes hardware required to mount to van and attach 8020 crossbars. 80/20 bars are NOT included. Order crossbars 55.25" long and tapped 5/16-18 in both ends. Please visit 8020.net to spec and order crossbars. Please contact us for assistance.
*Black Anodizing may fade over time due to sun exposure.
Do not exceed 20 lbs load per tower. Not intended as a rack for hauling large or heavy items. Do not exceed total roof top weight allowed by vehicle manufacturer. Please contact us with any questions about how to use this product.
select 'square' for use with 15 series 8020 square profiles (uses 55.25" crossbars)
select 'rounded' for use with 1517 8020 rounded profile (uses 55.25" crossbars)
select 'extended' if the crossbar needs to extend beyond the tower. Compatible with both rounded and square 8020 profiles. This version does not cap the end of the crossbar so separate caps can be purchased with the 8020. Maximum extension beyond tower not to exceed 6". Not suitable for mounting heavy awnings not otherwise supported.
Please take a look at our support tabs for mounting solar panels to the cross bars, item number
141878685652. We also have a listing for 8020 cross bars, item number 132871157220.
If you have questions about this product you can call Hein at 541-49O-5O98
Failure to follow warnings below may allow rack to
come loose from vehicle and cause injury or death.
If in doubt, please submit rack plans or photos for
evaluation prior to final installation or use.
Van owner and/or installer assumes all risk associated
with roof top mounted items and/or components.
Van owner and/or installer recognizes and agrees that
this product, and each of its component parts, is sold
“as is” and that seller makes no representation or
warranty of merchantability that the product is fit for
any particular purpose.
IMPORTANT SAFETY WARNINGS:
* Do not exceed 20 lbs load on each tower.
* Tower spacing down length of roof not to exceed 30"
* Do not allow solar panels to overhang side of roof.
* Do not extend any component more than 4" beyond forward
or rearward most towers.
* Do not extend crossbar more than 4" beyond slot in tower
* Do not exceed total allowable load by vehicle manufacturer.
* Use all available attachment points on van roof.
* Do not install roof top deck or climb on rack.
* Check and tighten all hardware after 100 miles
and every 500 miles there-after.
* Check overall integrity of rack every 500 miles
or monthly whichever is more frequent.
* Refer to diagram.
* Use all parts and hardware.
* Tab that bridges or passes through slot in tower
must be used. DO NOT OMIT TAB
* Torque 5/16-18 hardware to 8 ft-lbs
* Use Loctite blue on any connection without toplock nut.